Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Hello from Sunny Naples Florida! Need some help with posting pictures from iPhone using Blog Press

Hi Everyone! Last few days have been a bit crazy. Kids with stomach flu and getting ready for my Conference. I came down to Naples on Sunday morning and had a nice afternoon by the pool. The weather here has been gorgeous! Some NSV's - I fit better in the airplane seat (still room for improvement) and I didn't totally stress over packing because I had clothes that I liked that fit.

Getting dressed for dinner on Sunday night I felt good - like I used to. I even took pictures in the full length mirror and sent to my parents who wrote back I looked "fabulous" - a big compliment from them. I wish I knew how to post it - I have Blog Press and can't figure it out. If anyone can help please send me a message.
But the biggest one for me is that I was actually looking forward to coming down here. I have been attending this Conference since 1993 every year - I only missed one in 2008 because I was giving birth that month and couldn't travel. I am on the Board of the organization that sponsors it and I have run it in the past so I am very visible. And this year I didn't mind! It was like I used to be before I gained all the excess weight. A couple of people noticed and said nice things - not "you lost weight" but more - "you look great and happy". It also helps that I am really happy right now in my job and love what I am doing (although as we all know that could change) but for now I am enjoying it.

On the not so good side. . . my poor husband. Last night 2 of the boys were up throwing up. I just pray the stomach flu is gone by tomorrow night when I get home because I am petrified of catching it with the band.

Eating wise - I have been making good choices but clearly drinking more wine and not preparing my own food. Today I went to the gym and walked for 40 minutes at a rapid pace on the treadmill. This afternoon I am flying to Denver and with the 2 hour time difference I am hoping to get a workout in before my meetings tomorrow.

On Friday I am going to see Bethanny on tour. It will be a fun girls night out. I do think she is a bit full of herself but I like watching her.

Off the pack up and head to Miami for our flight to Denver.

Take care and hope everyone is well.

xoxo Susan

3 comments:

Kristin said...

Grr. I wrote a chatty comment and it disappeared.

Basically, it said: So glad you're having a great time in Naples; Cloroxing everything in sight and doing load after load of laundry seems to help keep the stomach viruses from spreading to everyone in the family (sometimes); and have a good trip to Denver!

Rhonda said...

I'm so happy for you that people are noticing! :) And a compliment from the parents? Good as gold. I hope your boys feel better by the time you get home, too. Poor little guys. Have a great girls' night out, they're few and far between for us mommies! :)

Rachel said...

I'm so glad for your NSVs...Have a great trip to Denver and I hope your little family heals soon. My boys both had the flu and it was intense....I hope your little ones are on the bend soon!

Post a Comment