Got a fill yesterday and I am still not sure I feel any different. I did eat my yogurt slower this morning. Yesterday stuck to the liquids and today mushies. I am really going to focus on not eating until I am full and seeing how long I stay satisfied. It is so tough to separate the real hunger from the head hunger.
Goal for today - 80 ounces of water, under 1200 calories, 30-40 minutes on the treadmill. Off to walk.
Have a great day!
3 comments:
You know, everyone is different. I have about 7.5 in my 10 cc band and I'm just a smidge too tight. But honestly, until I hit about 7 I never felt a THING. Like, nothing unless I tried to eat a burger with a very dense, squishy bun. I know Linda, at Linda's Bandwith, took until about 8 ccs or so before she felt anything. It really depends on your stomach size, fat around stomach, fluid around stomach, etc. Also, do you know how much they 'primed' you with at surgery? Some people don't get ANYTHING at surgery and some get almost 3 ccs (like me). So many people who 'think' they only have 5 ccs in their band may actually have 7 or 8. Understand? Don't worry what others' have in their bands. Just get to where you can't eat quickly and must chew very well before swallowing.
It can take about 2 weeks for a fill to really 'show up'-- so give it some time. Once you're released to eat solids and you can do: eat some good solid proteins, chewing well. Avoid sliders-- avoid eating and drinking at once... and you will get there.
Keep on going, girl.
I agree with dinnerland it takes about 2 weeks to really show up for me too. I also think adhering to the rules of eating a liquid/mushy diet before and after help the fill to "take" and really work.
You are doing great...keep it up.
Post a Comment