Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Good morning! The scale was my friend today - now down 38 lbs from high

Forty is so close and I can't even think about 50 -wow will that feel good.  Trying to stay on track and so far so good.  I am really not happy with how I look in that BOOBS picture.  For those of you who weren't there I am the one wearing purple on the right.  I know - get over it but if it keeps me motivated, then so be it!

Had a pretty good day yesterday.  Stayed right at 1200 calories.  Have I mentioned lately how much I love My Fitness Pal?  It makes it fun to put foods in and it keeps me accountable since I promised myself I would put down EVERYTHING no matter how bad.  On Sunday I even put in the 4 margaritas, chips, guac, fish tacos and I ended with about 1600 -1800 calories for the day which is something I would have been thrilled with prior to being banded. 

Crazy morning here so far - my 3 year old got his finger slammed in the door and it was so painful.  Luckily my husband was home so he took him right to the doctor and he is so much better at handling those things than I am.  He is calm and doesn't really freak out with the crying.  He is so great in stressful situtations and emergencies - but I can't for the life of me get him to take out the garbage consistently or turn the lights out when he leaves the room.  It must be his military training - he was in the Navy for 5 years before he went to college.  And his schooling -  he is a psychologist.  But it is when things like this happen that I get nervous if one of us isn't home and the boys are with the au pair or babysitter.  Next week we are planning to spend a night in the city for my husband's birthday - going to see the show from the creators of South Park - Book of Mormon.  I am not a big fan but it is his birthday. . . and its Broadway so I will enjoy either way.  Especially being more comfortable in my seat. 

I better get to work.  Have a great day! :)

 

5 comments:

Tanya said...

Great Job, you look so great! Have fun in the city!

Kristin said...

CONGRATS on the 38! You really do look great.

Sorry about your little guy. It's so awful to see them in pain and scared, it takes everything I have to stay calm. Oddly, it's easier for me to stay calm when my husband isn't around, because I know I'm the only adult and I don't have the option of freaking out.

I've heard the Book of Mormon is funny. Be sure to post your review!

Liz said...

Woohoo! 38 is such a great job!

Amanda Kiska said...

You are doing really well! Great job!

Maybe you should set the trash on fire. I bet he'd take it out then!

MLM said...

38?!! WOOO HOOO!!!! So Awesome! Susan, you are doing so great and I can feel/tell how motivated and excited you are! It was so great to meet you on Sunday and I really enjoyed speaking with you..You gave me great hope and encouragement also to get myself out there more and have faith! and, um, the picture post...AMAZING transformation..my mouth fell..honestly...I can't help with side by side but that did not matter bc there is Such a difference! congrats!

Post a Comment