I can't believe it is almost here. Have to be at the hospital at 1:00 and it is a little over an hour away. Will likely leave at 11:00 to be safe. Going without anything to eat or drink is going to be tough. I wish that the surgery was in the morning but I think I would be even more nervous, rushed right now if it was.
I have 22 followers! Am so excited that you are reading and helping me through this. I really want to thank everyone for your encouragement and responses. I have spent every free moment reading past posts of your blogs. I just love all your stories and really is amazing to know that so many of you have gone through similar issues/feelings as me and are now doing so fantastic.
For the last 24 hours I have been worried that I would wake up sick and wouldn't be able to have the surgery which would be so tough mentally for me. But it is 6:00 pm and I am feeling pretty good!
Today was a hard day - have been inside all day except for a quick trip to Blockbuster. We saw the third of the Narnia series at the movies last week and the boys wanted to see the first one which wasn't available on demand. My oldest is still sick so I was with him most of the day - using Purell and Lysol and trying to not get too close. My husband took the other two to a birthday party and I thought he would go back to the host house since it is his good friend and when the garage door went up at 12:30 and they were home I was not happy! So a day of games, TV, and fighting. I swear if I leave them alone they will kill eachother with the hitting and biting. Right now I wouldn't mind a couple of nights in the hospital to recuperate :)
I rechecked my surgeon's instructions and there was no clear liquid only day - so I can still eat my protein and vegetables with small starch for dinner if I want. Trying to decide whether to do it or just have another shake. Surprisingly I am not getting sick of the shakes yet. Have been doing the Myloplex Lite shakes alternating between chocolate and vanilla cream. Sometimes I throw in a banana, a couple of frozen berries, or once in a while a teaspoon of peanut butter. I am down just about 10 lbs on the liquid diet and already feel so much better.
Am wishing right now that I had made plans to go out with my two best girlfriends for dinner but one is divorced and hard for her to get a sitter on Sunday night and the other also has 3 kids that are 5 and under.
I am hoping that when I take some of the weight off I will have more energy to deal with my boys. I hope that doesn't sound terrible - I love them to death but they are just a handful being so close in age, and so physical.
That's all for now. . .if I can't sleep will write some more.
xoxo Susan
8 comments:
Hey Susan, good luck to you tomorrow! My surgery was late in the afternoon too. I think it was at 3:30. I was starving all day. I know that 10 lbs off feels good, but just wait until you have 50 off! You are going to feel like a new woman. Think of all the new cute clothes you will be able to buy. It still feels strange not to be in the plus sizes anymore. I know all will go well and I will be waiting to see a "post surgery" post! See you on the band side!
Hope you get some sleep - best of luck for tomorrow.
You asked if I have a blog - it's http://sistersbandedtogether.blogspot.com/
Good luck! I will be thinking of you all day! The no food on the day of surgery wasn't an issue for me at all. I was focused more then any other day. You'll be fine, I know it!
Thank you so much! I can't wait until tomorrow at this time. :)
Good luck!! You will do great, and don't feel badly-- as parents, we always have moments of exhaustion and doubt-- it is how you treat your kids, not how you FEEL at fleeting moments that counts!!
See you on the 'other side!'
Wishing you lots of luck for tomorrow. My kids are just the same except that their fighting is constant!
You are going to do great! Have a wonderful surgery. You will love having a band.
I know you're already banded, but just reading up on all the blogs I missed! :) Can't believe we're finally banded!
Post a Comment