We celebrate Hanukkah but also celebrate Christmas with our Au Pair who is from Sweden. So the boys get more presents and they are quite happy about that. Feeling pretty good today but probably did too much. We took the boys to the Children's Museum and then ran a few errands.
I am able to get more liquids down but still very slowly. I had 3/4 of a protein shake this morning, some Tazo Passion tea. For lunch some broth and pureed carrots. I think I actually got hungry today - is that possible 4 days post - op? It didn't help that I went to pick up chocolates from the homemade chocolate store and then went food shopping at the gourmet grocery - Balducci's for the family. Everything in there looked so delicious and I love holiday celebrations. I can see how hard it will be for all of you at the Christmas celebrations over the next couple of days. I am going to try to puree chicken and see if I can eat it. Just seems so much better than buying baby food and I want to get my protein in.
Stitches are starting to itch. My husband says that means they are healing - I hope so.
Tonight we are going to the Japanese restaurant for Hibatchi - and all I will be able to do is sip some soup. I wanted to do something special for the Au Pair and not just stay in. Boys love watching them cook with the fire. I think I will be okay. Green tea and miso soup here I come!
Wishing everyone a Very Merry Christmas!
xoxo Susan
2 comments:
Merry Christmas!
Hi Susan..Congrats on being banded..Are you on liquids now or Mushies? After I was just banded I was on liquids/mushies for about 5 weeks..chicken can be tricky.. if it's dry I always am bothered by it. when first banded I did protein shakes and creamy soups.. refried beans with sourcream. Hang in there!
Post a Comment