Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Feeling Much Better!

Need to get some rest so just a quick one.  I took a nap this afternoon and woke up feeling much better.  I spent some time with the boys.  They know not to go near mommy's tummy - and keep asking to see my boo-boo's.  My au pair made cookies with them because tomorrow the Kindergarten class is doing a cookie exchange.  I am looking forward to going. 
While I am still only taking small sips I was able to drink most of a protein shake, more chicken broth, an ice pop, water, and one SF jello.  It felt like I was eating all day. 
I am about 1-2 lbs more than when I left for surgery but I know it is water weight and I haven't "gone to the bathroom" yet.
Gas pains seem to be going away.  I am still taking the Loritab every 4 hours.  

Sweet dreams bloggers :)  

8 comments:

Alison said...

You're doing great, enjoy kindergarten tomorrow.

Amanda said...

So glad to hear it! Like I said one day at a time. I feel great this morning! My incision is itching like crazy today! No more pain meds and I am on mushies. I was not able to do a protein shake...hell I am hardly able to do a whole one now but I am working on it! It is my mind really now. Tea..I have found tea is really nice and soothing. I have the starbucks Tazo passion and that Tazo wild sweet orange! Love em!

Susan said...

Amanda - I love the Tazo Passion too! My girlfriend brought me over a bunch yesterday. I am about half way through a morning protein shake. I am worried to not get enough protein. I like the Myloplex Lite in Chocolate Cream and I make with skim milk in the blender so it should have 29 grams of protein. It is tough to get down right now. If I have to resort to the Isopure I thought of mixing it with Ice Tea made from the Tazo passion.

Rhonda said...

I went 'to the bathroom" this morning. It was such a relief. I'm sure you'll be going sometime today. :) Those protein shakes are what did me in! lol

Stephanie M. said...

Hi! I'm a new follower and I just wanted to welcome you to Bandlandia. I'm glad you're feeling better.

Anonymous said...

So glad that you are feeling better! I am feeling a bit better too..its hard for me to get all the protein in too!

Lee Ann said...

Have fun at the party tomorrow. Susan I have a question for you. How did you get so many followers so quickly? I could use some cheerleaders too. :)

Susan said...

Thanks everyone for your comments - the support is just wonderful.
Lee Ann - I don't know how I got followers so quickly but am so happy for all the support. I am now following you too! Have a great holiday.

Post a Comment