Welcome new followers! It is so exciting! I hope I can help anyone new starting out with my experiences and welcome all the thoughts from experienced bandsters.
As many of you are posting your words for 2011 I have to say I agree with most of them. . . driven, determined, controlled, committed and a bunch of others that right now I can't remember. In thinking about how I feel as we begin the new year - I think HOPEFUL best describes it. I have not been hopeful about being able to lose weight in years. But now I am! :) I feel like I have a totally new outlook and it is beginning to show in everything I do - from dealing with my kids, friends, job, and family. And for the first time in so long I am beginning to look forward to things not just think "how am I going to get through it". It is just such an amazing feeling and I really hope it continues. And I am looking forward to what I will be able to wear and feeling good in clothes not just acceptable for someone my size.
Physically I feel pretty good. I have been getting some gas pains in my left shoulder which I have read is not uncommon following surgery. My stitches itch once in a while. And I do feel some port discomfort when I am lying down at times. I hope that goes away. I know I have to start exercising and plan to start walking on my treadmill at a slow pace.
Doing well on mushies and actually not getting bored yet. Since I didn't post yesterday here is what I ate. . .
7:00 am Protein shake (Vanilla with 1/2 banana and tsp of peanut butter) - so yummy!
12:30 pm Southwestern Chicken soup with refried beans and low fat cheese (loved this from the other day so finished it)
5:30 pm Pureed Chicken Marsala - the ready made Trader Joe's - took 1/2 a serving which would be 135 calories and pureed it and added some sauce. First bite not so great - tasted like tuna but then I got used to it. Not sure I would make it again BUT I was beyond full all night from just a little piece of chicken. This band really does work!
9:30 pm SF Jello and cup of decaf tea
This week I have been going to a lot of movies -- typically what we do the week between Christmas and New Year's when all the new movies come out. The movies are great because they don't revolve around eating and drinking - well if you can get past the popcorn, etc. which I don't have a hard time with if I go to the movies relatively full. I do love to go to restaurants but at this stage there really isn't much I can eat and I am going to stick to the surgeon rules of no drinks for 1 month. I have seen Little Fockers, The Tourist, Yogi Bear, How Do You Know (which was the worst - Reese Witherspoon who I usually love was in it. Just a very boring, slow, don't even know what it was really about type of movie). Still want to take the boys to see Gulliver Travels and I'd like to see The Black Swan.
Tomorrow night for New Year's Eve we are getting together with 2 other families and taking the kids for Hibatchi - if it seems like I go to Hibatchi a lot it is because it keeps my kids entertained. Trust me - I am not in love with the miso soup and green tea :) I was thinking of maybe trying some noodles but the thought of it getting stuck is just not worth it so I doubt I will. I can't think of anything "mushy" at a Japanese restaurant.
I hope everyone has a wonderful New Year - wishing you all great things in 2011.
xoxo Susan
3 comments:
Great word! My stich area is itching like crazy but my issues is that I am allegic to the glue they used! Today is the first day I've felt better as far as itching goes! I get pain in my left shoulder almost every time I eat! Sometimes it is hardly noticable and sometimes I can't stand it!
To bad about the Reece movie! I love her. Keep up the good work!
Great word - I'm glad to hear that things are getting back to normal for you. I'm sure in several months you will look back and it pain and itching will all be a blur.
Itching means "healing". Look forward to supporting you on your journey!
http://rachelthinwitin.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment