Last night was kind of rough. My throat and glands hurt and I just realized it is likely from the hernia repair they had to do. So my husband said I am basically recovering from two surgeries which is making it more difficult. I can only drink small sips. Am alternating between water, chicken broth (so happy I made my own broth which is really good on Saturday and have 2 more quarts in the freezer).
I was not able to wear my CPAP last night and didn't sleep well. Bed at 10, up at 1, up at 2:30 and then again at 6. Each time I got up I tried to sip as much water as I could.
Please tell me this will get better soon! Anyone else have a large hernia repair? I know it is only day 3 (closer to 2 since the surgery was so late) and am just hoping I can go to my son's cookie exchange tomorrow morning.
Until later. . .
7 comments:
I didn't have a hernia repair but I can say that it does get easier. Keep sipping, sipping, sipping. The last thing you need now is to be dehydrated. Also, walk, walk, walk to get the gas out. Hang in there.
Susan I promise it gets better!! I really do. I am feeling great today. 2nd night sleeping all the way through. Before then it was the same thing..I would wake up and walk around my kitchen and living room. My mom made me homemade chicken and beef broth and that is what I lived on for a couple of days. Hot tea is great too. Let yourself heal.
Thanks for the encouragement. Just very uncomfortable. I can't lie down and need to stand or be propped up.
I couldn't lie down on my back either. Yesterday was totally the first night I could even sleep for a tiny time on my side. Thinking about ya.
Hi Susan! I was banded on Monday too..sure hope you are starting to feel better..it IS a tough surgery. Hang in there!
Jocelyn - how are you feeling? I took a nap this afternoon and woke up feeling so much better.
Thanks everyone for the support!
Just found your blog....by now you probably feel 100% better. I also had a hernia repair during the banding. I was banded 4 weeks ago today. I would say last week I began to feel FABULOUS!! I feel light on my feet and my incisions don't hurt as much any more. I feel a slight tugging sensation on my side that bothers me...mostly in the evenings after a day of too much walking around. Your body went through a lot of poking, proding, and cutting...it's going to fight back for awhile.
Take care of yourself!
Tracy
bandedadventures.blogspot.com
Post a Comment