Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Home!!

Just a quick note - am home and all is fine.  Ended up spending the night at the hospital because my surgery wasn't until 8:30 pm.  A bit more uncomfortable than I expected - very different from C-sections.  But most of all am happy to be over on the loser's bench!!! 
Sipping my broth and going to rest.  Thanks for all the well wishes and I will post more later. 

xoxo Susan

11 comments:

Amanda said...

So glad to hear from you!! Every day gets better I promise!!!!

Alison said...

Glad that you are home and feeling ok, poor you having to wait until 8.30.

Debi said...

So glad to hear all is well!

Welcome to the Sisterhood/Brotherhood of the Bandster's!!

Amanda said...

PS. You had surgery almost 1 week to the exact time that I did!! Not sure that is as cool as it sounded to me! But congrats!! LOL

Susan said...

Amanda - that is very cool. Tell me what you were drinking last week at this time!

Amanda said...

Give yourself some time with the drinking! I was not even interested in food for a few days. Broth and jello were the only thing with a normal taste everything else tasted metallic! I don't know what the rules for you are but I could eat yogurt after a few days. Try freezing it and eating it like ice cream. Also small pieces of ice. I can swallow a few sips of water at a time but I find if I drink a load then I feel too full. I am able to eat now about 1/2 of soup. I have added cheddar cheese which melts totally. But follow your doctors orders and sip sip sip. What pain meds are you on???

Amanda said...

Did you stay the night in the hospital?? I wish that I had. I got out of recovery so late and I could not concentrate. My poor husband stayed up watching me. I was totally off pain meds by wednesday. I was taking tylonel up until today...but only like once a day. I feel really good today Susan except for these hiccup burp things, My sister thinks they are spasms(nurse) what ever they are I hope it isn't permanent. And the gas. It wasn't bad the first 2 days but it got worse. I slept through last night and hoping the same tonight so the gas MIGHT be subsiding. One can hope. I am on some mushys now. Loving it!

Susan said...

I did stay the night thankfully because I did not do well in recovery and didn't actually start to feel ok until about 3:00 in the morning. Luckily they moved me to a really nice private room and I had a fantastic nurse. I would not have survived without her. Ok exaggerating a bit but it made a huge difference. She had to redo my IV b/c the beeper kept going off and it was like Chinese water torture! I am on the liquid Loritab and taking it every 4 hours. Also taking Gas-x chewable. Tried a protein shake as my doc said that was fine but it isn't going down well I am full after 2 sips. Sleeping tonight will be a challenge. I have an Ambien so I might take half.

Amanda said...

There is no way I could do a protein shake the first day! Take it easy and the advice I am getting is heal before you push it! Sleeping was hard for me until last night! But it does get better I promise!!!

Rhonda said...

I agree - it wasn't much at all like a c-section!! It was alot harder, actually. :( For me, anyway.

Susan said...

Ronnie - me too. Everyone kept saying after a c-section it would be a piece of cake - not at all. I am starting to feel better now. I still have a problem lying down and getting up off my bed. I am most comfortable sitting or even standing.

Post a Comment