I think this Pre-op diet is finally kicking in and the scale was down this morning. Left on my business trip - and am in Sunny/Rainy/Sunny Bermuda. My company is actually based in Bermuda so I travel here quite often. It is a really great place to have to come for work :) And about 30 degrees warmer than in Connecticut right now. Plus I have made some good friends and it is always great to come down and spend time with them. In the past that has always involved drinks and dinner but we will adjust and it is just good to know from reading all of your posts - especially Catherine55 - that I will still be able to enjoy going out for drinks and great dinners. Will just be eating less.
There is a place down here that makes my protein shakes for me in the blender- I give them to packet to ensure I am getting the exact amount. Otherwise I just carry my shaker.
Thankfully I do not have a dinner meeting tonight and can just either have a shake or a 4-6 ounce lean protein and salad at the hotel. Looking forward to having the bed at the hotel to myself. Our 2 1/2 year old has become a permanent fixture in our bed at home -although luckily cuddles up to my husband and generally leaves me alone. He sneaks in anywhere between 12-2. I know. . .it is horrible but we have honestly done everything to try to stop it including locking his door. . .locking our door. . . nothing worked. They say he will grow out of it and let's just hope it happens soon. Last night the 4 year old joined us too so it was quite crowded.
Question - did you have a "last meal" before the surgery? I feel guilty when I am just getting going on the pre-op and don't think I will. However, having heard that lobster is a problem for bandsters I might have to have my last one. That technically wouldn't be cheating since I can have 4-6 ounces of protein for one meal a day.
9 comments:
He he yep, I had pizza a few nights before surgery. I did it a few nights so he couldn't see big pieces of pizza pointing out of my stomach - ROFL!!
Haven't been banded yet. Just wanted to tell you to enjoy the time to yourself! I'm sure it's tough being in Bermuda this time of year! You must miss this arctic blast something terrible. I had my pre-op stuff done a few weeks ago and I felt like it was a mini-vacation. Three whole hours to myself (i have two little boys). Sad, no? But you enjoy that big EMPTY & WARM bed in Bermuda. :)
Hey Susan! I found your blog through Dinnerland. Welcome to the gang, you won't regret this!!! Pre-op is the hardest part, so you're almost through it!
Hi susan! I get banded on Monday the 20th..doing my liquid diet thing right now. Looking forward to following your blog! ..and yes, my husband took me to Chili's the night before preop diet started..I ate like a pig!
Hi Susan, I found your blog through Vanessa (Dinnerland) too! Wish I were there in Bermuda with you!
I was banded on November 19th, 2009, so I am a bit over a year out. I have stabilized at about 54 lbs lost(?). Not too sure right now as I had to have an "Unfill" 2 months ago and haven't been able to get refilled since!
As for the question on whether I ate a "last meal" or not. Of course!! I was lucky though, I was only required to lose 11 lbs prior to Surgery and I had already lost 17, so I wasn't too concerned that I would gain it all back!
My Surgery was in Reno, NV and I live in Sacramento, CA, so we had to go up for several days. So my "last meal" was at one of my favorite restaurants...The Outback. I just had to have one more Filet Mignon the night before with our good friend!
Debi: http://hawaiiboundbandster.blogspot.com/
Hi -
Another person who found you from Dinnerland. I was banded Feb. 2010 and I have to tell you lobster is no problem for me! Granted, I can no longer do in a 2 pounder myself (LOL) but I can enjoy it when I choose with no worries.
Enjoy Bermuda!
-Jennifer
Hi Susan, saw your blog on the December 20th post on LBT. :)
Oh, I had a last meal the night before I started my pre-op diet - so I can't really help with this one. If you're not on all liquids I would say go for it!
Hiya. I am new to your blog and I was just banded on Monday! I did not have a last meal. Before I went on my 2 week liquid diet my husband and I had some pizza but I didn't over induldge. However I did drink a bottle of champagne so I guess I did over indulge a bit! Lol good luck. I am recovering and food isn't even interesting to me at all. Looking forward to getting to know you!
Good luck! I look forward to following your success!
Post a Comment