So sorry it has taken me so long to post. Thank you to everyone who nominated me! So. . . seven things about me. . . here goes and not necessarily in any order.
1. I let my boys eat way too much fast food. But they are all underweight so not concerned about problems there. But what is worse is I often go to the drive through and let them eat it in the car.
2. I am a total TV addict - both drama and Reality TV - especially The Real Housewives - and I love all of them, New Jersey, Beverly Hills, Orange County, New York City, Atlanta. I didn't love the Washington D.C. but still watched it.
3. At one point I really thought I wouldn't get married and have kids. Now I have had 3 kids in 7 years of marriage and sometimes miss my single life. Don't get me wrong I wouldn't change anything but just a case of the grass is always greener. I also always wanted a daughter but am over it now and love having 3 of a kind.
4. Way too often I let the scale dictate my mood. I weigh myself multiple times a day - even when the scale is going up. So I knew exactly how much weight I was gaining and can't figure out why I didn't put a stop to it sooner.
5. When my OB-GYN first mentioned Lapband to me after my third child I thought there was no way I could give up my wine (I thought you weren't allowed to drink with the band) and couldn't even fathom the thought of drinking a protein shake and eating mushy food. Now I love protein shakes and have no problem pureeing things.
6. I have two younger sisters who are my best friends and I adore.
7. I have the BRCA gene which puts me at a higher risk for Breast and Ovarian cancer. My mother had Stage 4 Ovarian cancer when she was 47 (I was 23) and 21 years later is still cancer free. My sisters both have the gene as well. We all had our ovaries removed (sudden menopause was not fun) and they are each contemplating masectomies but I can't even think about that until I get this weight off.
Now I am suppose to nominate 15 people but too hard to pick to if you are reading this, I nominate you!
Hope you all enjoyed learning a few random facts about me. . .it has been great reading all of your posts too.
6 comments:
I have 2 boys and I fantasize about having one more. The thought of it being a girl is slightly off-putting to me, is that bizarre? Everyone assumes if I want another I'd want a girl. LOL. But I grew up with 2 brothers and never had a good relationship with my mom so.....there ya go.
Sorry you have that gene. That sucks. It must be frightening especially since you are nearing your mother's age, but it's good your ovaries are at least gone. I can't imagine the choices that you & your sisters will be faced with. I've heard of that situation before on TV and I can't imagine having to make a decision like that. But thank goodness for plastic surgeons......Still though, boo and hiss to that stupid gene. (((((hugs to you)))))
I always thought I'd have 3 girls; Mia, Morgan, and Casey. But then I had two boys and I can't imagine being a mom to girls. (of course I also can't imagine being outnumbered - 2 is definitely enough - more power to you!!)
I'm with you on the mood dictating ability of the scale and with Lee Ann on the wishing you and your sisters didn't have the gene.
I love your reference to "3 of a kind"- how sweet, and what a nice way to think of it. Your boys are adorable! I, too, started later than some, and sometimes it has been hard to adjust to being a wife, mom, and not just an overachieving workaholic! It's so worth it though, isn't it?
Did you remove your newest blog post about your food diary? When I click on it I can't see it. It has happened with a few other blogs for me today.
I love reading the random facts...I relate to many of yours, especially the Love of Housewives (I'm obsessed and am sooo excited about the OC coming back and new Miami)..I actually love anything on Bravo. You are doing awesome so far and keep it up! not sure if you saw on Kristin's blog but there is a NYC brunch on the 20th at Dos Caminos! hope you can make it!
I like your post...I found we have a lot in common:
1) I have two boys, who are underweight...I love having the same sex children..easier to take to lessons, to entertain, shared clothes, shared toys.
2) I have two younger sisters too
3) I miss my single working days in Manhattan but love the working mom/wife life too.
You are doing awesome.
Post a Comment