Sunday, February 6, 2011

A little vent. . . and an NSV

Hi everyone - I have been a bad blogger this week but I have been reading and commenting on your posts.  Today was a tough day - my kids are really out of control.  They just don't listen - have no respect for things - and as much as we try with time outs and taking things away - it is so hard for them to understand consequences.  My husband keeps saying they are 2, 4, and 6 but I still think kids should be better behaved.  I probably shouldn't be blogging right now b/c I am in a terrible mood.  I am leaving on my business trip to Bermuda tomorrow and so I had to pack and get ready - get the house ready since I will be gone until Thursday - making sure there is food - snacks for the boys - that everyone is paid - that schedules are done, etc.  My husband decides today of all days he is going to make chili.  So while I need him watching the kids so I can pack  - he is downstairs making a mess - the boys are tearing up the room with their toys - and the cushions are all off the couch.  So after packing and reviewing my presentation that I need to make to our Board - I come down to "Animal House".  And the house stinks like cumin and chili spices.  Not to mention the fact that I want to watch the Superbowl but married the only guy I know not into football. 
Okay - enough venting. 

On to better things. . . I have been very diligent on my walking - on the treadmill every day this week for 40 minutes - I steepened the incline and am going at a faster pace.  The scale has been pretty good too - down almost 29 total (0.2 lbs away).  Not the 30 that I had hoped for by tomorrow morning but I will take it. 

Looking forward to getting on that plane tomorrow.  Car service picking me up at 6:30 am.  And an NSV - I am not in a total panic before a business trip because I don't have anything to wear.  Tomorrow I am going to wear this great black Tahari suit that I bought months ago online at Bloomingdales for 60% off.  It didn't fit but I was too lazy to return it and hoped that someday it would.  Last week I finally had they pants and sleeves shortened.  I tried it on today and it was so great to wear something for business that felt nice and professional again and not just trying to get away with wearing sweaters and slacks to meetings.  It really is a great suit and I look forward to giving it to someone when it no longer fits. 

Yesterday was a better day than today - took the boys on errands in the morning while my husband caught up on stuff and then at 3:00 had some "me time" for hair color, nails, etc.  Then out to dinner with my husband and saw Black Swan.  Really liked it and wasn't disturbed as so many have said.  Natalie Portman deserves that Oscar. 

Well - better get back to the craziness - putting them to bed is not going to be fun tonight.  Will post from Bermuda. 

xoxo Susan

4 comments:

Rachel said...

I would round that 29.8 to 30! You are doing great. I think your business trip(aka break from the animal house) will be refreshing and let you see things in a new light when you get back. I love Taharai suits...Have a great business trip.

Annie said...

Great news about the suit- sounds great! I am so happy to be fitting into my suits again- you are so right about the sweaters and slacks thing at work!!!! I feel like a different person when I have my big girl clothes on!

RE: Kids, and non-sports fan husband! I can relate to both!!!! My hubby is more of a musician/gear head type, and my two and a half year old is getting impossible. She doesn't listen at ALL! I try everything, but, I scream most of the time.

I wish us both continued NSV victories, and well behaved children! Have a great presentation at the board meeting!

Alison said...

I could (and often do) write the same about my kids although I only have 2, its bloody hard work and sometimes you wonder why you bother.
Hope that your trip goes well.

Lee Ann said...

That's awesome about the suit Susan. I'm not sure if you relish your trips to Bermuda or not, but I know I would! I could do without the airport portion of it but....Enjoy your peaceful room and the lack of cumin permeating the air you breathe as you type your next post.

Post a Comment