I got another 2cc's so now have 6 cc's in a 10 cc band. I honestly don't feel any different - no gurgling and I am still able to gulp water. I stuck to soft solids today as per surgeon's instructions. I am less hungry so I guess it is working - but for lunch I was able to eat more than 1 cup of chili which surprised me. I am sure I would have been full on less so I have to stop - but it is hard :)
I did get some bad news at the doctor's office yesterday. I have an incisional hernia (likely from my 3 c-sections and being so overweight after). I knew I had it but didn't think it was as bad as it is. I don't have any pain or complications from it but the surgeon wants to fix it sooner rather than later to avoid emergency surgery. Until I have it done I am at risk so likely going to do it in early August. I know that sounds so far away but I have been living with this for a couple of years now. I also don't want to disrupt my weight loss and it is a pretty major operation with recuperation much longer than the lapband. And he told me more painful :( It is larproscopic. My recovery will be easier the more weight I lose so my goal is to lose another 50 lbs by August - aggressive but not too bad - 50 lbs in 6 months. I can do it - after all . . . "failure is just not an option"!
Today was also my first day using my BodyMedia fit and going to synch it now to see how many calories I burned.
Hope everyone is doing well!
xoxo Susan
6 comments:
Sorry about your hernia- your plan sounds like a good one, though. I love "failure is not an option"- very inspirational! I know you will reach your goal, with an attitude like that!
Can't wait to meet you at brunch!
Well that is some crappy news. Sorry, I know it's not what you wanted to hear, especially b/c I've heard you mention a TT in your future and it stinks to have two separate surgeries instead of doing them together. I'm sure you can make it to your goal Susan, you've been rockin' it so far!!
so sorry to hear about the surgery...that stinks...I definitely think though that 50 pounds by August is doable..you can totally do it!!! BTW, on the fills, i have never been fully satisfied with one cup of food..i usually always need at least 1.5...depends on what, but generally more than 1 cup.
Sorry about the surgery...but your current weight loss momentum demonstrates that you can totally achieve 50 lbs lost by August.
So sorry about the hernia, that stinks. I'm sure it's true that the surgery is easier as you lose more weight, so you may be pleasantly surprised. I've had three c-sections too, and recovering from those while also being 100 pounds overweight was no picnic. With any luck, this one will be a breeze for you by comparison.
You can do it, sweetie! I'm sorry this is flaring up now, but I know it'll be alright. *HUGS!*
Post a Comment