Monday, February 21, 2011

Can't wait for my fill tomorrow!!! Loving My Fitness Pal and just got BodyMedia Fit Armband

Last week I posted that I wasn't sure if I needed one.  This week I 100% know that I do.  I can definitely eat too much at each sitting and really don't feel any restriction at all.  Luckily I have an appointment tomorrow.  I have been very diligent about logging in my food to My Fitness Pal on my iPhone which has me at 1200 calories a day.  I know that is probably a bit high for a bandster so I should lower it.  I think when I put my weight, height, activity level and how much I wanted to lose - that is what came up. 

I splurged today on the BodyMedia Fit Armband.  I read about people using it on a couple of blogs so I went to Costco and got it for $199.  Not cheap!  Which means I will have to wear it or feel very guilty :)  Will keep you posted on how I like it.  Does anyone else use it? 

Last week had a great work week - was in NYC for a Conference and just felt so much better about seeing people.  One major NSV for me was that when my CEO when to the podium to present on our company - I joined him and the other representative from my company at the table - visible for everyone to see.  Last year I hid in the audience.  I am just feeling more and more confident and like my old self in business. 

My husband met me in NYC and we stayed an extra night.  Had dinner at Blue Fin which I hadn't been to in forever - love all their fish dishes and then saw The Merchant of Venice on Broadway.  While I am not a huge Shakespeare fan since for me it is difficult to understand - my husband loved it and so that is what is important.  We stayed at this great boutique hotel on 46th off of 5th called The Gotham.  It was new, clean, and felt like living in an apartment building with extra services. 

The weekend has been hectic with kids and activities.  I got a number of comments on my weight loss from people who know about the band but none from others.  I think that people are just embarrased to mention weight when you are obviously still very overweight.  It will be very interesting to see when and what people say as the pounds drop. 

I continue to be so inspired by your blogs - while I watch TV with my kids I read blogs on my iPad.  I love going back to when some of you first started and I am picking up some great tips.  I am so excited for the March 20th NYC Bandster Brunch.  I feel like I know so many of you so well from reading your blogs from the beginning.  Today (taking a cue from Jen's blog) I increased my water consumption realizing I wasn't paying enough attention to how much I was drinking.

I need something to jump start the weight loss again - it seems like I have been at 32 lbs down for nearly a week now.  Hopefully the fill will do the trick.  I am leaving on a trip to Florida on Sunday for business to a nice resort in Naples.  But then leaving Tuesday to go for a one day trip to Denver.  I originally thought I would take a trip up to Aspen to visit a girlfriend but I just don't think I am ready to ski and I don't want to be away from home that long.  My goal is to plan a ski trip for December in Colorado - maybe a long weekend and be at a comfortable weight where I am not in extra danger of hurting myself. 

Sorry for the long post - that is what happens when I don't post for a week - need to post more often. 

xoxo  Susan

5 comments:

Rachel said...

You are doing great Susan...I love your mantra, "Failure is not an Option"...I"m glad you caught my shout out. I need to tattoo the mantra to my head.

Kristin said...

Good job, Susan. Have fun in Naples, I just got back on Saturday and the weather was gorgeous.

Rachel said...

I love Blue Fin...I haven't eaten there since I stopped working in NYC...But your post gave me a NYC flashback!

Rachel said...

I relate to that NSV...feeling more confident at work...Bravo...I give presentations for a living...I can totally and deeply relate to that NSV. The people in the audience might not care but I felt incredibly self conscious.

Alison said...

You're doing really well. I find that people are often reluctant to say anything for fear of embarrassment, I saw my dad's girlfriend recently and have lost almost 50 lbs since I saw her last, she didn't say a word until I was talking about an item of clothing and said that it might fit better as I've lost some weight when she then said that I had lost lots of weight and talked about it quite a lot.

Post a Comment