Friday, June 3, 2011

Still here! Fill Update - I don't get it ?????

I read all your posts multiple times a day but I haven't been posting - I don't really know why.  Things are fine - I would say still pretty status quo.  I am at 225.4 which is down 39 lbs from my high.  The lowest I have gotten is 221.4.  My six month bandanniversary is June 20th and I was really hoping to be down 60 lbs but now will be thrilled if I get get closer to 50 lbs down which will be tough. 

I had a slight fill earlier in the week and now am at 8.7 cc in my 11 cc band.  I think that is so much to have in there but I still can eat pretty much anything I want and I don't get it.  I have never PB'd.  I have gotten stuck a couple of times - mostly from eating dry chicken too fast or one time a string cheese. 

I have to admit that I am never really hungry and I know that it is the purpose of the band so from that aspect it is definitely doing its job.  I guess where I am a bit disappointed/confused is the amount of food that I can still eat without any trouble at this high level of restriction.  Has this happenned to anyone else?  I know that the band is just a tool and I need to start thinking of it that way again and find my willpower to begin losing again.  I think I was successful early on because I was so afraid of the band.  Unfortunately not so afraid anymore. 

The thing I still don't get when I read about some of you being so tight and PBing from water and only able to eat such small quantities that you need an unfill - why is that not happening to me.  I know I should be glad on the one hand. 

I guess it comes down to this unbelievable appetite I have and how much I love to eat - that is what got me to 265 lbs in the first place.  I need to get it under control. 

Any advice/suggestions please send my way!

6 comments:

Rhonda said...

I would start weighing my food if I were you, rationing out portion sizes, that's the only thing that's helping fuel my weight loss!

Rachel said...

Nominated you for the adorable blogger award...come to my site to retrieve it.

Amanda said...

So glad to hear from you! Sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you. I was on vacation and got truly behind.

Number one Susan...40lbs is nothing to balk at. We are very similar in that neither of us are big losers at once. But some times slow and steady wins the race.

I do pb. But it truly is my own fault. I let myself get too hurgrey and then eat to fast. Hell I am jealous that you don't.

kagead said...

I'm a new follower and glad to have found you. If you get a chance, take a look at my most recent post.

I am one year post op. I have 9.9ccs in my 11cc band and have lost 45 lbs. You are 6 months out and have already achieved that. Do NOT compare yourself to anybody else. Each of us is on a VERY different journey, even though it seems it should be the same.

Hang in there and keep following the rules. Make sure you are getting good protein first. Eat slowly. Track what you are eating so you really know what is going in and how much.

We are here for you!

Lynda said...

Hi Susan,

Thanks for stopping by my blog (and for spelling my name correctly!--I love you already).

I hear what you're saying about not being afraid of the band anymore. I think that's part of my problem these days--I'm not afraid to push it to it's limits. But, I think that if we look at some of the really successful people, we'll notice that they still use self-control with portions. The band doesn't restrict their portions, it just helps them be satisfied with less. Fingers crossed for you (and me)!

Cheers!
Lynda

Lynda said...

PS Kagead and I were banded about the same time and have had VERY different journeys...she gives good advice.

Post a Comment