Unfortunately I am still in the same "trading range" as we say in my business. Up and down the same 2-3 lbs and I just can't break out of it. But I will. I keep reminding myself what I said at the beginning of this journey that "FAILURE IS JUST NOT AN OPTION". And I know I will get down to goal - it will jsut take time. I am still proud of my progress - down 40 lbs (give or take 2-3) in a little less than 5 months. My biggest problem is head hunger because I eat more than I need to - to satisfy my hunger. I am just not hungry most of the time but I still find myself looking for something to eat.
I really don't see how I could need a fill since I am up to 8.5 in a 10 cc band.
On the exercise front I have been doing great - walking at least 40 minutes 5-6 times a week.
I went to California this week on a business trip - to San Francisco, one of my favorite cities. Had a great time - went to a Giants game and my meetings all went well. This month I am on the road a lot - it just varies by the time of year. I am back to Bermuda for a quick Monday to Wednesday trip this week and then home for one night before spending a night in NYC for another Conference. I know it must sound like a lot having three little kids but I really am fortunate that when I am not traveling I work at home so get to see them much more than if I were in an office for 5 days a week. They are really good about it too and don't complain. Part of that is because we have had a wonderful Au Pair for the last 18 months and her last day was yesterday. We are very sad but know that she has to go back home to Sweden and her family. Our old Au Pair from Finland is visiting for 7 weeks starting in June and then we will welcome a new one at the end of June- also from Finland. So some changes going on here and hopefully the boys will adjust well.
Tonight I am hoping to get my husband to go see that new movie "Bridesmaids". It got great reviews and I heard it was hysterical and not just a chick flick. Two of my friends are going but I feel bad leaving my husband on a Saturday night. I say that now but we'll see. . . girls night out might win.
Hope everyone has a terrific weekend and I am going to try really hard to be a better blogger. I think blogging helps so much and keeps me accountable. So strategy is to focus on staying below 1200 calories, keep up my exercise, drink water, and BLOG!
xoxo Susan
3 comments:
Hey Susan! I can totally relate to your bouncing around the same few pounds. I've done that longer than I could ever imagine. To jump start this most recent change for me, I jumped head first into really restricting my calories. I knew I needed to do something to shock my body into making it happen and its worked for me. I'm consuming 800 cals per day and only planned to do this for 2 weeks. I'm eating nothing but high protein, clean foods like salmon, vegetables, protein shakes, chicken, fruit. I'm staying away from bread and anything sweet. I have had such a terrible need for something sweet at night and since I've been eating really clean like this, I don't have those cravings.
Good luck with your traveling and good luck with breaking through those darn few pounds!!
Susan, try to increase solid proteins...with fruits/veggies. That is helping me. I'm staying away from shakes/yoghurt...while those have protein and nutrition, I have been hungry!!!
40 lbs in 5 months is amazing. I bet your body is just stabilizing and then when it realizes that the loss is here to stay, it will start letting go of more weight.
You are doing great! I miss you! I heard Bridesmaids is HILARIOUS!
Post a Comment