My last morning in Bermuda. Came down here for our quarterly Board meeting. This was one of my best trips yet! I am just feeling so much better about myself - have my confidence back which just shows in everything that I do. One of the reasons I got the lap band was because I felt my weight was really beginning to affect my career and it was a horrible feeling. So things are definitely back on track and headed in the right direction. Down on the scale. . . I hope. A good thing about being here is I can't weigh myself and for someone who is as scale obsessed as I am (literally about 6 times a day) it is a refreshing break. I know how bad it is to weigh myself so many times a day but one issue at a time here.
Lots of NSV's - mostly people commenting although on an individual basis that I lost weight and giving me encouragement. I was so much more comfortable on the airplane. Also went to the gym for the last 4 mornings in a row before 7:00 am and did 40 minutes of fast walking on the treadmill. My favorite part of the day was stopping at the hotel pool for 15 minutes with a cup of coffee after my workout.
I was pretty good at meals but not great - I ordered fish at every dinner - had no bread at all - but at one dinner I accept the dessert that was served thinking I would eat the berries but it was the most delicious almond tiramisu and I didn't resist! I am definitely able to still enjoy dining. Had more wine than I should have but that's okay - we were all out enjoying.
Can't wait to get home and see my boys. But I really do cherish my time away on business trips. Working at home I sometimes miss the interaction with people in the office. Luckily I have the best of both worlds. . . life is good! :)
Will post more later and hopefully the scale will be friendly.
xoxo Susan
1 comment:
Susan, thank you so much for your sweet comment. I appreciate it!!! I am so sorry that we didn't get to meet during the bandster NYC brunch- my daughter was ill, so I couldn't make it, but I hope that we can meet up with some of the other NYC area girls soon!
:)
Post a Comment