I was kicking a** - having lost 3 lbs on vacation - and was down 43 lbs in total - that was on Friday morning. Fast forward to Monday and I was back up 5 lbs. So what happened. . . PIZZA and wine. Friday night I went out with a girlfriend in NYC - we went to see a show - the new Ben Stiller and Edie Falco drama which had excellent acting. Before the show out for drinks and appetizers at Del Fresco Steakhouse. I was pretty good and Saturday morning only up 1 lb. probably b/c of the drinks. Saturday day was perfect but then out to dinner with my husband. 3 glasses of wine later - and one half a dessert - up another 1 lbs on Sunday. I know most of this is water weight. Sunday have a great day until dinner. Driving home from my sisters house (I was alone with the boys) and my 6 year old had to go to the bathroom. So stopped in a town (Greenwich) and went to a great Pizza place and of course I told the boys we would have dinner since I couldn't resist the pizza. A glass of wine and 3 slices at the restaurant - they were thin crust. But - and this is a WTF moment - 3 more slices as I was driving. I don't know what got into me?????? Then I also finished my son's ice cream cone. And all while driving. I NEVER DO THAT ANYMORE. But instead of allowing myself to get really setback - I made a fill appt for tomorrow.
Today I was not so great - decided I was only going to eat Protein so had egg white omlette for breakfast and then for lunch had half of a Rotisserie chicken. That is just way too much food for a bandster to be able to consume. I don't get hungry but need to stop eating. Has any of this happened to anyone else. I have 7.5 cc's in my 10 cc band. I am thinking she will give me 0.5 tomorrow and bring me up to 8. The nurse that does my fills is pretty aggressive. I never PB - not once and have only gotten stuck if I eat too fast and don't chew.
I have to admit I am getting a little scared that the band isn't going to work for me. I know it is just a tool and I have been working it but most of my weight loss has been from willpower and diet. And prior to my gain - it took me over a month to lose those couple of pounds and I was feeling so good.
So what is my strategy - not to stress over it - I am not failing - just had a little set back. Hopefully satisfied my pizza craving for a while. And - I do need to stay away from the wine because it lowers my inhibitions and I eat more.
And I need to blog - I have been reading and commenting on all of your blogs but not posting. Send some encouragement my way - has this happened to anyone else?????
xoxo Susan
2 comments:
I'm sorry you're struggling right now-- I definitely think going in to see your doc/ nurse and being VERY honest about what's happening is the right thing to do. Take hope from your actions-- you're not hiding these binges, you're putting it out there.
YES: blog more. And NO, you won't fail.
It sounds like you haven't quite hit the sweet spot or green zone yet-- but you'll get there. Until then, don't give up. Keep on watching what you eat to the best of your ability-- and no one said that a little 'willpower' wouldn't be helpful in the process, so that's no failure.
Finally: try to examine what is behind all of this 'mindless' or stress eating. Sounds like some of it happened while you were drinking alcohol-- a simple way to deal with that would be to limit drinking to ONE glass one, so you keep your wits about you. (Or no alcohol except once a week or something.)
Point is: there is always a way, and you have the 'will.' So keep at it and don't let your fear get the better of you!
Susan,
I had no luck with restriction until the last fill in March. It's been pretty good for me. Before that - I was you. You need a fill. Plain and simple. You will feel so much better. Right now I could not even binge if I wanted to. It just cannot happen. As soon as I start to eat too much the elephant jumps on my chest (that's what it feels like) That's my hint to back off.
Good luck to you!
Post a Comment