Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Airplane Outfit. . .leaving for Florida "Vacation" tomorrow



Hi everyone!  Things have been so hectic getting ready for our trip to Florida tomorrow.  I have finally settled on the outfit for the airplane above.  And also a new picture now that I am down 40 lbs.  It is a new Michael Kors sweater and jeans that I haven't worn in 3 years.  Now why am I stressing over my airplane outfit???  I always like to dress nice on the plane - you never know who you will run into (and I guess b/c I travel for business a lot) but also my parents will be picking us up and I have not seen them since October as I mentioned in a previous post.  So they didn't see me after I gained my final 10 lbs but also haven't seen me since my surgery.  Although I have now lost 40 lbs most of the summer I was about 30 lbs heavier putting on the last 10 in October/November. 
I am very excited to go down but it will not be a vacation without a babysitter.  And it is also a pretty busy time for me with work and I will be checking my blackberry.  One of these days I will take a REAL VACATION! 

It is the Jewish holiday of Passover and so we will have two big dinners called Seders on Monday and Tuesday.  It is one of my favorite holidays.  For the first one we are going to my cousin's house who I have not seen in a long time and I am so excited for her to see my boys and to hang out.  She has about 35 people over for dinner so it will by a bit crazy.  And I will be seeing some of my cousins and my Aunt and Uncle who I spent Thanksgiving with right after I decided on surgery so I was at my heaviest.  It will be interesting to hear what they say - my Aunt knows about the lapband but she promised not to tell my cousins. 

For the second night we are going to my parents club so they can show off their three grandsons.  So of course I have been stressing over what to wear.  Back in 2003 right when I met my husband I went down there for Passover and I remember talking to him on phone and being so excited.  8 years later and I am returning for the holiday with about 55 lbs (but down from 95), a husband, and three sons.  In 2003 I wore a gorgeous St. John black dress suit and high Manolo Blahnik heels.  Maybe next year I will be able to wear it.  Not sure what I will wear this year but not too worried.  I have a few sweater sets, nice black slacks and some fun wedge platform sandals.  I will post some pictures.  I wish I could figure out how to upload pictures from my iPhone directly to my blog.  If anyone can help with this please let me know. 

Interestingly I am not worried about the food while on vacation.  I bet I actually lose because I don't see myself snacking as much as I do when working at home. 

Off to finish packing. . .

Take care xoxo  Susan

2 comments:

Dinnerland said...

Happy Pesach ! Hope you are doing well....

Rachel said...

Susan, I hope you are having a lovely holiday with your parents...I'm sure it is a thrill for them to see you, your hubby and the kids.

Post a Comment