Tuesday, December 6, 2011

FIRST MAJOR STUCK/PB in 11 months

As I have written about I have been struggling with restriction - not even knowing if I really had a band in there since I had been able eat anything with no real problems.   Well. . . . . NOT ANYMORE! 
If you read a couple of posts ago I had gone for a fill early last week and have been noticing restriction and have had to be much more careful than anytime in the previous 11 months. 

Last night I had a truly terrifying and unbelievably uncomfortable experience.   I am back in Bermuda for two days for business.  I was at a BBQ at a colleagues house with a couple other business/friends.  This man is an incredible host.  He has a beautiful home and is a real wine lover.  He opened up these amazing bottles of wine for us to taste.  I was fine with the wine and even had a couple pieces of cheese but when we started dinner - which was fabulous steak and sides - I got more stuck than ever.  I just had a few bites of steak but I didn't chew well enough.  And then I tasted this au gratin potato and that was it.  I took my cell phone and said I had to go check on my kids.  Went to the bathroom and immediately texted Nicole from Better Banded who advised me to make it all come up.  So I did. . again, and again, and again. . .and everytime I thought it was done I had to get back up and go back to the bathroom.  I have never experienced anything like this.   

Finally I told my host - who is a colleague/friend that I was just going through period of getting hot and must be having a flash from early menopause.  It was better than the alternative. . .I got food stuck in my lapband.  He was so nice about it and since I had lost my voice from my Christmas party the other night - everyone else just assumed I wasn't feeling well.  

So we left and I was so disappointed to not drink more of the amazing wine but that is just a sidenote. . .in the cab back to the hotel and it is still coming up.  I wisely sat in the front and bought napkins with me but I couldn't make it back to the hotel.  Had to get out of the cab on Front Street -and proceeded to PB again. 

Finally - I felt better.  So embarrassed though.  I just can not believe how violent this episode was.  It has changed everything and now I am once again very afraid of my band (as I was at first when I didn't know its limits). 

This morning I did manage to get a protein shake down and I am not hungry!  I think this new restriction is a function of my recent fill and also some stress - have been going through au pair issues once again which I will post about another time - and also other things with year-end at work.  Nothing I can't handle but it was a tough day/weekend before this happened. 

I have to say that after not feeling much restriction or benefits from the band for the last year - I am happy that I went through this.  I feel like it is giving me renewed hope that with the help of this tool I can finally lose the weight. 

Hope everyone is having a good week and I promise to update soon! 

xoxo Susan

2 comments:

The Cozy (not crazy) Coconut said...

So sorry to hear of your pb episode - that totally sucks! And when it happens both in front of people and when you would really like to taste the food it sucks even more! I've been there. Great excuse - creative! :) I hope you enjoy the rest of your trip! I look forward to reading more about your journey!! And thanks for commenting on my blog yesterday. I appreciate the warm welcome back, it means more to me than you know...:) Rhonda (The Cozy Coconut)

Dinnerland said...

Hey Susan!
Yes there is a brunch on the 21st-- I hope to see you !!
email me at dinnerland@gmail.com and I will send you the deets (please comment on my blog that you are emailing me as I don't check that email often!)
Alternatively-- check out Catherine55's blog *chroniclesfrombandland " and email her (don't know her email for sure, but it is on there from a few days ago-- and she is emailing everyone the details b/c she was kind enough to arrange this!!)
See you in a few weeks!!

Post a Comment