When you aren't in a routine and all the social activities revolve around food. I am hanging in there this weekend though! Yesterday I was so proud of myself for getting my butt back walking again. I did my 50 minute walk at the beach including this major hill that I went up and down twice -- even the most fit "skinny mini's" typically walk his hill about 2-3 times - some I have heard are up to 5. It was a great feeling to be back out there again with all the people exercising - I hadn't since mid July. And I was just getting to the point where I could do the hill 3 times.
The bad news is I didn't get back out there this morning and I really could have. We had a friend sleep over with her two boys and I felt like I should get breakfast. So I picked up bagels, etc. And did fantastic for the first couple of hours - had my protein shake while everyone ate bagels but then when we couldn't decide what to do for the day after my friend left - I ate a bagel out of boredom. Was not even hungry. But good news now. . . I didn't let it ruin my whole day and after that I made mostly decent choices.
Bedtime for the boys now. . . sometimes the hardest part of the day. My kids hate going to bed. And they are only 3, 4, and 6 - I can only imagine what I am in for in a few years. I WISHHHHH the au pair was here so my husband I could go out but have to wait a week and then have her get used to the boys. I really can't wait to get back into a routine - have not been in one since mid-July.
Anyway. . .before I ramble too much I will say good night. Hope everyone is having a fabulous Labor Day weekend! Tomorrow the weather here will not be great but we hope to BBQ anyway.
xoxo Susan
1 comment:
Hey, the important thing is you're getting back out there! :) Btw, this didn't show up in my blog list. :(
Post a Comment