Okay - I know it must be annoying to some of you who don't like the word Bandiversary so I promise from now on I will only do 1 month, 3 month, 6 month, 1 year, etc. :)
Just so hard to believe it was only 2 weeks ago tonight that I had my surgery.
I am feeling really good :)
Still on mushies and eating mostly chili, soup and protein shakes. I did make some egg salad with low fat mayo which was great and tomorrow I might try chicken salad. To get more protein I have been adding pureed chicken to my chili and soups.
Tomorrow I have my first follow up with the doctor and the nutritionist - and a WEIGH IN! From my highest I am down about 19 lbs but I had lost about 5 before my first visit to the doctor right around Thanksgiving.
I do feel like I could eat more than I am so sheer willpower is what is driving me right now. I look forward to the fills and seeing what real restriction is like.
I have been great about exercising and walked for 1.5 miles on the treadmill today. Tomorrow I have to go to NYC to the doctor and then I have another appointment. Also want to visit a friend who is 26 weeks pregnant with twins and was just hospitalized and put on bed rest. I don't know anymore details but am praying she is okay. Something about her cervix being shorter than it should be at this stage.
I am really feeling so good and know that as the year progresses I am going to just feel better and better. I already have more energy and it is easier to get up in the morning. I can't wait to start fitting into some old clothes.
Until tomorrow. . .
4 comments:
Keeping a positive attitude is so important! It's good to hear that you are feeling great.
I agree with Sarah! Keep up the good work!
You are doing great- good luck!
Susan, I am eating pretty regularly now. Except for veggies. I am lacking in my veggie department mainly because I am eating protein first and then I am full. I notice I am full a lot quicker and if I eat to fast I am very uncomfortable. I ate some really tender pot roast the other night but I took to big of a bite and I am not sure I PBd but it didn't stay...TMI I am sure. Sorry. I get a yogurt in the morning...tuna or soup at lunch..today I had a two turkey hot dogs no bun and about two table spoons chili. I get a string cheese in somewhere and then for dinner last night I had fish which I over cooked and a baked potato because I wanted a treat...and I ate very little of both and was very very full!
I am waiting for the fill...to make me not really want to eat. My Nutrition Guru said to try anything but get my proteins in. Read my own triggers. Still at the 221 mark...which is 10lbs below my surgery day but I haven't lost any more since a week ago. I go to the Dr on the 18th!
Post a Comment