2011 is going to be a great year!!
My word is hopeful and I actually feel in control of my weight destiny. We had a great New Year's Eve - hibatchi with friends and kids and then went to see the fireworks display in our town which was really amazing. I was fine just having soup and tea and didn't even miss drinking. Our bill was so much cheaper too. Saving money on dining and drinking is going to be a huge plus of the band!
On New Year's Day we just relaxed. I have been diligent about my walking on the treadmill - yesterday walked 2 miles in 46 minutes but I do think I overdid it a bit b/c I had a mild cramp in my side all day and was freaking I did something to my stitches. Today it is fine though. My surgeon's instructions are to walk 30 minutes a day as long as you are comfortable. I think I better stick to the 30 minutes for now.
We went out for brunch yesterday and I thought the place we went to would have chili but they didn't so I just sipped water. I don't know where this amazing will power is coming from and I am praying that it lasts.
So still having my craving for chili - I picked up some Wendy's chili for dinner - pureed it with some low fat cheese and it was delicious! I also pureed a piece of baked potato with broccoli and just a bit of low fat sour cream to keep it most. I was very full but a really satisfying pureed dinner.
Looking forward to my first doctor appointment on Tuesday and official weigh in at the office. And tomorrow it is back to work. Have a great day!
4 comments:
Yes...the band does save on food/drink money...its all money that can be used toward your new clothes!
Happy New Year http://rachelthinwitin.blogspot.com
I love turkey chili!! I make it a lot but when I don't have time to make it, I always have a few cans of Hormel Chili Turkey with Beans, 98% fat free and super yummy a little cheese and sourcream and I am IN heaven.. and one can is two servings for me
Hopeful is such a great word and perfect for someone in the beginning of their journey. Congratulations because it sounds like you are doing great. I'm sure you can tell from reading blogs, but 8 months later, I am still so happy that I did this.best thing ever. It sounds like you are off to a great start, so congrats! Also, your food description is making me hungry :)! I actually loved the pureed stage!
Nicole - Trader Joe's makes a great Turkey Chili too! I have to look at the fat content though - Hormel might be less.
Post a Comment