Monday, January 24, 2011

Tomorrow's fill can't come quick enough. . . been picking and grazing all day - what is happening to me? Question on restriction after first fill.

Thanks for all the support posts. I was doing really well but definitely had an off day. Maybe because I know I am going for my fill tomorrow? I know I need to nip it in the bud.

Day started out normal - up early - made my protein shake even before I fed the boys at 7 (275 calories w/skim milk and half banana). Had a Pure Protein bar (200 calories) at 10:45 before I went on the treadmill. I walked briskly for 40 minutes and did a little over 2 miles.

Before my lunch I had 2 small bites of my son's Lasagna (75 calories - can't be more than that) Lunch was at 1:00 and I had one cup of Southwest Chicken Tortilla Soup and about 5 ounces of Rotisserie chicken (130 + 200 calories).  So far 875.  Snacked in the afternoon on 1 cup of blueberries (85 calories). 

Right before dinner I had 3 bagel chips and 1 oz of pepper jack cheese and 2 bites of a hot dog no bun (200 calories).  Then I knew if I didn't eat I would continue grazing.  This has not happened to me since surgery so I was getting scared.  I sat down and had about 6 ounces of Rotisserie chicken (260 calories). 

So my total for the day is ~  1420.  I think the most I have eaten since surgery!!  I guess I burned about 250 walking so I am under 1200 for the day. 

I am not going to be too hard on myself.  Glad that I just blogged this so I am accountable!!

Question about fill - how many of you felt some restriction after the first one? 

xoxo  Susan

6 comments:

Rhonda said...

Sounds like you made some pretty protein-rich choices, so even if you did graze a little, you're still doing really well! :)

I haven't gotten any restriction with my fill, then again I only got 1 cc, so I can't really answer that one for you. But good luck tomorrow!! :D

Amanda said...

No restriction really with my first fill. Atleast I don't think so. I have another one next Tuesday. But I can say I am feeling great. Today was an off day for me. Didn't over eat calorie wise but I ate a meal that I haven't in months and I am angry bat myself. Tomorrows a new day! Good luck tomorrow

Gen said...

Wow I think 1400 cals is great for bandster hell. Grazing is not always bad if your choices are good. My personal trainer says to eat a little every 3 hours.

After the first fill, I did feel restriction, but I got 4 ccs, a big girl first fill! Good luck, you are doing so well!

Read said...

You're doing great. Bandster hell is in fact hell! So watching your calories and picking good, protein rich things if you're grazing are fantastic choices!!! Don't be hard on yourself, you're doing great! I'm sorry to tell you, I don't believe I felt anything on my first fill. I think for a few months there, I was just purely on a diet. It took a while for the band to catch up, but that's okay, this is for the long haul, not the - what will you do for me this week haul.

Keep up the good work!!

Alison said...

You're doing fine, the time before your first fill once you've recovered is so hard. I'm impressed!

-Grace- said...

I had decent restriction after the first fill, but I am pretty sure that's an anomaly!

I think you snacked smart yesterday...nothing stands out as super unhealthy. That in itself is something to be proud of!

Post a Comment