Thank you so much to Rachel at Rachel Thin Within for nominating me! This is going to be fun. I told my husband and he said - how are you ever going to narrow down all your guilty pleasures. Very funny - huh!!
Here goes. . .
1. Sex and the City. I have been addicted since it first came on the air in the late 90's. I remember I used to rush home from weekends in the Hampton's in 1999 to catch it - this was clearly before DVR's, HBO on Demand, and iTunes. I particularly related since I am basically the same age as the girls and was single and living in the city at the time. And I had my own "Mr. Big" like character who wouldn't commit but unlike Carrie he is not my current husband. Now whenever I need an uplift I just watch an old episode. I must have seen all of them no fewer than 10 times each - I can't believe I just admitted that. . .
2. iTunes. Everyone says how can she work, have 3 little kids, and watch so many TV shows. I use a combination of DVR and iTunes. I love to download series of shows that I missed when they were on like Damages - totally amazing. And Rescue Me - another favorite. And for all of you Sex and the City fans I found a show called Mistresses on BBC which was great and like the British version of SATC.
3. I am a Designer Shoe addict. Since having kids and having to pay for nannies, etc I have not been able to support my shoe (and purse) habit. Also gaining weight over the last 7 years has tamed me some since my feet hurt in heels and most shoes. So instead of Manolo's and Jimmy Choos I now wear Stuart Weitzman, Taryn Rose, Donald Pliner, and my comfy Dansko's everyday. However I have already been eyeing some cute Tory Burch wedge sandals for the Spring.
4. Hair and make-up products. I love good make up and shampoo. Laura Mercier is my favorite on the make-up and use Paul Mitchell, Pureology, or Fredric Fekaii for my hair.
5. Fine dining and wine. It wouldn't be a guilty pleasure list without something food related! I LOVE restaurants. Whenever I am going to a new city I check out the Zagat's guide for the best restaurants. I also love drinking wine although have cut back a lot even before my surgery and try to only drink when out.
Now to nominate three bloggers. I don't think I have the links right but are: Angie at This Banded Mom's Journey, Momto4redheads at Canadian Girl With a Band, and MLM at Banded to Lose.
5 comments:
Oh Susan I'm glad you ditched your Mr. Big, but tell me, does that mean you were smart enough to marry John Corbett (Aidan) when he came along? I also liked Damages & Rescue Me.....you'd probably like Mad Men and Breaking Bad. And I'm sorry but no one seems to believe me but Spartacus is awesome....I love shows from different eras. And my husband turned me into a Foodie as well. I used to struggle with just sweets....now I struggle with everything. Gee thanks honey.
I LOVE SATC! :) I should have put that as one of mine! lol It was good to get to know you a little better with this post. :)
Oh, and I have an award for ya on my blog! :D
I have never watched a single episode of Sex in the City...but have heard so much about it...might be time to sit down and watch it season by season! Thanks for the nomination...I have never been nominated before! I hope I can do a good job lol!! I'll have to think hard tonight.
Susan I like your indulgences and your blog posts because they give me nice NYC flashbacks...I can relate to a lot of your blogs...you are doing great.
Love SATC...also love that they are re-running the episodes every night on E! By the way - you are doing AWESOME! Congrats on the continued weight loss!
Post a Comment