I have been traveling on business for twenty years and can count on one hand the number of times I have gone to a hotel gym. This morning up at 5:30 am Bermuda time which is 4:30 EST and I hit the gym at my hotel to walk 40 minutes on the treadmill. I am really proud of myself for doing it and it felt great. I didn't let my usual fears of running into someone at the hotel or the gym and having them see me in workout clothes get to me. After all - they see me dressed and know what I look like so seeing me workout and adapt a healthier lifestyle would only be a plus!
Last night went out to a restaurant and had delicious Tuna Tartare and had no issues. I was full enough and willpower kept me from eating anything else that I knew would slide down.
I just hope I can keep it up. Blogging about it definitely helps.
In about an hour I have to give a presentation to our entire senior management team - I know that if I hadn't lost the 22 lbs I would definitely be self conscious and even though 22 is only a small amount compared to what I need to lose, I just have so much more confidence and feel better. Remember one of the things that pushed me to the surgery was that I felt my weight was going to hold me back professionally. Will let you know how it goes :)
Good-bye for now. . .hope everyone has a great day!
5 comments:
Awesome insight! You will need to continue working on your body as well as your mind and it will be soooooo worth it in the end. Good luck on your presentation!
22 lbs is a huge amount!! Have a fabulous day! I know you will and keep smiling!
That is so awesome!! I literally had the same experience last week and I felt very similar about my weight possibly holding me back professionally! you are off to such a great start!! yay! good luck on the presentation!
I know what you mean about getting over the "gym" look. I'm used to going everywhere with my "face" on. Now with two boys I've realized if I want to get to the gym and still run errands ---I just have to hit the gym and go run errands from there---looking kinda gross. I'm trying to get over myself. It's hard. I feel ugly without makeup. But good for you for facing your fears and getting in there, at 4:30 AM, no less! whew, i'm tired just thinking of it.
Great work-- I totally get it about wanting to lose weight to move ahead professionally. No one has ever said one word to me and I am *successful* but I never wanted my weight to hold me back and I was worrying that I was at a point where I could gain a few more pounds and that could happen...
Keep it up!!
Post a Comment