Friday, January 14, 2011

Lapband mentioned on The View today

Did anyone see The View?  They had a girl who is a food addict and someone who wrote a book about food addiction.  She said she had Lapband surgery and gained weight because she ate all the slider food - milkshakes, etc.  It was disappointing to hear the failure on TV although we all know it can happen.  It gave me more motivation to prove that I will be successful and "failure is just not an option"! 

I am feeling no restriction and am starting to eat more and more food rather than mushies but so far so good with portions.  My willpower is holding!  So now that I am not really sore anymore it feels like I am just on a diet and didn't even have the surgery.  I can't wait to start getting filled on the 25th.  10 more days :)  Let's hope I can hold out and kick this Bandster Hell's butt. 

My business trip to Bermuda went really well.  I had so much more confidence giving me presentation in front of everyone down only 22 lbs (now it is closer to 24!) and I know I am going to feel so much better every week.  I have a pretty busy schedule for the next few months so I need to keep it up.  I will be back in Bermuda in early February for our Board meeting, have a big Conference in NYC the following week.  Early March another great Conference in Naples, Florida that rather than dreading as I have the last few years I will be looking forward to as I used to many years ago.  And a trip to San Francisco in May.

I am really proud of myself for working out in the hotel gym.  That is truly a first for me to do it consistently for 3 days.  This next week will be tougher but I am going to try. 

The best part of my Bermuda trip was the flight home.  I got to fly on a G-4 plane - which I didn't really know what it was but is a private Gulfstream Jet.  I flew with some senior execs from my company who fly on NetJets a few times a month.  Their plane was upgraded and so we got to ride home in real luxury.  We were having wine (I did indulge for the first time at 30,000 feet above and thankfully didn't get sick but I could feel the difference drinking wine with the band) and watching the sunset.  It was pretty amazing! 

The second best part was getting on the scale post trip and being 1.5 lbs lighter!  Typically after 3 days of eating, drinking, and sitting in meetings I would come home up 5 lbs that would never come off. 

Tonight my husband and I took the boys to see Gulliver's Travels (wait for it to come on DVD) and then out to a burger place for dinner.  I had a Greek yogurt snack at the movies that I smuggled in and for dinner I ordered a cobb salad with no bacon.  I ate the chicken, some avocado, and the egg whites. 

Have a pretty busy weekend.  Tomorrow taking the boys to see Mickey Mouse on Ice.  Sunday a couples baby shower for one of the girls who used to work for me who is pregnant with twins.  And Monday taking the train down to Baltimore and will have dinner with my boss before our roadshow of meetings on Tuesday and Wednesday.  It should be interesting since I did not tell him about the band yet - not that I am embarrassed but I just don't want people to watch what I eat - and I want to make sure that I am successful.

Hope everyone has a terrific weekend and those of you in the Northeast - stay warm!  It is freezing out!

xoxo Susan

 
  

7 comments:

Rachel said...

I can relate to the confidence part at business meetings! You are doing great. Try the Flax Seed powder...its much more palatable than the oil. And much better than Mirilax. A TB in protein shakes or cereal is really palatable...you hardly notice. It's also good in yoghurt...literally tastes like powdered almonds.
http://rachelthinwitin.blogspot.com

Alison said...

You've done fantastically well, glad the the drip was good.

Anonymous said...

Great job! Bandster hell sucks, but it is doable!

Amanda said...

Same thing for me. I feel restriction only when I have eaten to quickly! I can not WAIT for tuesday! You are doing fabulous...

Nicole said...

Bravo on not gaining any weight on your Business trip! You are doing great! Man Bermuda for business that's NICE!

Lee Ann said...

I didn't see this story but it irks me to hear, once again, that a negative viewpoint of WLS was shown on TV. I don't ever recall seeing a positive spin on WLS surgery, other than Al Roker telling his story way back when he had gastric bypass. Other than that, I feel like Dr. Oz is negative about it, and so are other shows and hosts. Especially when they boast about how their guest "lost X amount of pounds WITHOUT surgery!" which implies they did it the "right" way. That really irritates me. A lot of shows don't necessarily talk bad about WLS, but they imply that they think losing it "on your own" is superior.......ooooh, I guess this hits a nerve with me and I haven't even been banded yet.....and may never be by the looks of it. :(

Rhonda said...

Bandster hell is just that - hell! I get my first fill tomorrow - and I'm sure I'll be posting about that. If you're interested! lol

But it sounds like you did REALLY well, since you lost! :) I'm sure I wouldn't have been able to help but drink a ton and have some "sliders" while I was out of town.

Post a Comment