Good morning bloggers! Hope everyone had a good weekend. This winter weather in Connecticut is getting really tough to deal with - makes everything difficult - even just taking my son to the bus at the end of the block or driving anywhere since we can only fit one car down our road so if someone is coming you need to pull into a driveway - totally nuts! And the forecast says more snow tomorrow - this will likely be here through April.
But I am not going to let it get me down BECAUSE. . . I saw a new recent low on the scale this morning and am now down 27 lbs! Very excited. I really wanted it to be 30 lbs by next Monday morning but it will be tough to lose 3 lbs in one week - going to try though!
The even better news and NSV for me is I was able to get through my son's birthday weekend (he is 6 today), have family and friends over for a party and still lose. I have also been out to dinner 3 times in the last week and just made band friendly healthy choices - although I need to be careful of that slider food called cheese. Way too easy to eat and I love it.
I think that walking on the treadmill every day is what has helped me so I really need to keep it up. I have been doing 40 minutes or about 2 miles. I have also started walking on an incline which burns so many more calories. As soon as I get to a more comfortable weight level I really want to start doing other activities like getting into a tennis game or even classes at the gym. I have to admit I have been a bit of a gym phobic my whole life because of the skinny-mini's. One of which is one of my best friends who is so into the Zumba, spinning, and all these great sounding classes. As soon as I feel confident enough I will try it. But for now I am happy with my home gym which is really quite nice. Thinking of treating myself to a Eliptical machine or something else for cardio other than the treadmill if I can fit it into our budget.
Speaking of which - it is so crazy how much we end up spending on kids birthday parties. Between renting the place, pizza, cake, party favors it really adds up. And I have 3 kids going through the whole birthday party thing. Today I am bringing cupcakes into my son's class (even though his whole class was at the party yesterday) and since I am not baking them and chancing the lick of the spoon, taste of the frosting, or worse yet - taste of the cupcake, it will be another birthday expense.
Back to my band, I don't really feel much restriction from my fill yet - am hoping the next one scheduled for February 14th - will do the trick.
I haven't forgotten my Stylish Blogger Award and will try to post later. But time to get back to work. Hope everyone has a great day!
xoxo Susan
9 comments:
We are running about the same! I wanted to have lost at least 3lbs by yesterday. I have a fill tomorrow so I am looking forward to some restriction. But your doing great and I know you are feeling good too! Keep it up!
Hi Susan - just found your blog! We're not far from each other in CT. Congratulations on doing so well with your band, that's fantastic. I look forward to reading more.
Fantastic loss! Well done.
Oh don't let the skinny mini's scare you away. I've been hitting the gym since mid December and I'm usually one of the five biggest people but I don't care. And if I can't handle the jumping jack - push up combos, I just grab my water bottle. Who cares? Jillian Michaels is not going to jump out from behind the mirror and scream at me on national television.
I've lost more than 100 lbs. in the 11 months since I was banded and I've NEVER worked out in a gym during that time. Instead I walk every morning with my dog and I ride my bike about 15 miles a week. Exercise is exercise. Do what you enjoy and you'll stick with it!
27 lbs. in six weeks is AMAZING! You are doing so well. Happy birthday to the little one. My oldest has a birthday on 2/28 so I feel your pain!
Congrats you are ROCKIN your band ;)
Congratulations on your loss! You are doing great! I hear you on the cheese situation. That is one of my favorite things! So tough to avoid! Lee Ann is so right about the gym! Go and enjoy! I was real nervous about going to Zumba at my gym but it was awesome! There was such a mix of people, skill, stompers, not-a-rhythmic-bone in their body people, and over acheivers we may have snickered at. It was just fun :) AND my heart rate monitor said 538 calories burned!! Can't go wrong with that!
FANTASTIC LOSS! :) We're rocking this band. Stay safe during this winter storm!! And I know what you mean about kids birthday parties, I spent close to $200 last year on a home party. UGH!
27 lbs...wow thats great!!! whether u lose these 3 lbs or not just think of the great achievement u made already :)
Post a Comment