I read it on someone's blog and it is really helping me because I feel the same way. Tomorrow it will be 3 weeks since I was banded. I am down 22 lbs as of this morning and really feeling great. I am following all the rules - eating 4-5 small meals every 3 hours and while I don't really feel the restriction, I am full after a small amount. Drinking a lot of water, not drinking an hour after meals, and I have been walking on my treadmill for 40 minutes every day. I do have to use willpower a lot with foods that I know I wouldn't have any trouble with the band. But everytime I get tempted I just think about the extreme that I had to do to lose weight. Honestly I remember myself lying in pain in the recovery room and the couple of days after surgery. (For anyone not banded it was not terrible and I would do it again in an instant!) I am determined not to give in to the Bandster Hell.
Today we went to visit my cousin for her birthday and my sister stopped by. They hadn't seen me since 5 days out - when I was down about 8 lbs. They both totally saw the difference and that felt good. When we said good-bye I said "Next time you see me I will be smaller" and it felt great because I know it will be true. We live about an hour away and I likely won't see them until the end of the month at my son's birthday party.
Tomorrow I go on a business trip to Bermuda for our semi-annual senior management meetings. I will be with a group of 30 eating breakfast, lunch, and dinner for 3 days. I am actually not even nervous. Last time I was there (pre-op diet) I just told people I was doing a protein shake diet if I felt the need and will likely do the same. I have packed up some protein shakes. The person planning knows about my band and told me there will be soup at every meal so I will just stick to that. And I am sure there will be plenty of yogurt too. There is a store across from the hotel that sells Chobani.
I am really looking forward to being away. My boys are exhausting and since I work at home when I am not traveling I really look forward to these trips. I will actually be away a couple of days next week too but just in NYC and Baltimore. Luckily my husband is fantastic, we have our au pair that lives in, and a babysitter that helps out 3 mornings a week.
Hope everyone had a great weekend. Will post from Bermuda and maybe get a nice picture or two to put up.
xoxo Susan
1 comment:
You are off to a great start and have the attitude to succeed!! Good luck on your travels..sounds like you are well prepared! Have a safe trip..enjoy the warm weather!!
Post a Comment