Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Discovering I can eat way too much. . . am definitely in Bandster Hell. Can't wait for my 1st fill!

First - welcome to my new followers!  So happy to have you - if you have a blog please leave me a message with the link so I can make sure to follow you too. 

As I have commented in previous posts I have been so careful and good about eating, almost afraid to push the limit.  Well I am discovering I can eat more than I expected I could and not really feeling any restriction. 
I left on a 3 day business trip yesterday to Baltimore and NYC.  Had lunch with my husband before I got on the train at Capital Grille - so delicious and lunch is "relatively" reasonable.  I ordered the sirloin salad which was basically a sliced steak with salad on the side.  I was only able to eat 2 out of 8 pieces of the steak and most of the salad.  I was very full on the train. 

At night I had dinner with my boss and ordered crab appetizer (always good in Maryland) and rockfish for dinner that was amazing but I was only able to eat half of each.  I feel so guilty eating food where I don't know what the calories are and I need to just get over it.  Plus even eating half of each seems like a lot compared to the dinners I make myself at home where I can measure things.  

I went to the hotel gym - my new thing :) this morning at 6:00 am and did 30 minutes on the treadmill so am doing well with my exercise.  I had to be ready by 7:30 so it was all I could manage.  I didn't have time to find someone to make my protein shake so was thrilled that at our breakfast meeting there was Chobani yogurt.  Then took the train back to NYC and had cottage cheese and fruit.  Met a friend for lunch at Bar Americain - another great meal and had some tuna tartare which has become one of my favorite band friendly things to order out since it is already cut into such small pieces and then we shared a cobb salad with no bacon - another thing I like to order out because I eat the chicken, egg white, and a bit of the avocado and cheese.  Today I feel like I ate too much of the cheese. 

I am meeting some friends for drinks and then out to dinner again.  I feel like I am living my old single life in NYC and. . . I am loving it!  But I know that on Thursday I have my husband and 3 delicious boys to go home to.  And it is too hard to diet like this.  The band is keeping me in check somewhat but I really can't wait to have the restriction and hope my first fill on Tuesday helps. 

I saw a picture of myself from the baby shower I went to on Sunday and was not happy.  And that was after losing 24 lbs. . .so hopefully that will help me make good decisions at dinner.  

I don't know if I will be able to get to the gym in the morning since the car service is picking my up at 7:15 am.  But considering I have walked at least 30 minutes on the treadmill for each of the last 7 days - I can take a one day break. 

Off to Lavo, an chic relatively new restaurant off Madison Ave to meet some girlfriends before having dinner with another of my bosses. 

xoxo   Susan

7 comments:

Stef said...

hey just wanted to introduce myself...my name is stephanie and I was banded 2 days after you...look forward to following you and sharing experiences :) my blog is www.roadtoathinme.com :)kk ttyl

Gen said...

Sounds to me like you are doing great! Only 2 pieces of steak out of 8 - good! Are you feeling very hungry? That is the true hell of BH. Good for you working out in the morning! Of course you can take a break!

Susan said...

Hi Stef! So happy we can share experiences.
Gen - hungry sometimes but my increased eating is more situational. On these business trips I used to gain tons b/c of all the wine and food. Being more careful so hope that helps.

Catherine55 said...

How fun! I love Bar Americaine! I second what Gen said -- it sounds like you are doing well on the eating front. And, props for getting into the gym! I wish I wasn't planned up this week already because it would be fun to meet you. Another time, I hope!

Momto4redheads said...

It must be so hard to eat out all the time and make good choices...you are doing great! My name is Danielle and I just started following you...i was banded a week ago. (candiangirlwithaband.blogspot.com).

Rhonda said...

It DOES sound like you're doing great, especially with the working out! :)

I can't even imagine doing half as well as you are with having to go out to eat all the time - I NEVER know what to order at restaurants.

Keep up the great work, sweetie!

Amanda Kiska said...

Hi Susan! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm happy to follow you too. I noticed we have a couple of things in common. I was overweight for seven years before surgery and lost about 25 lbs. before my first fill. I was down 100 lbs. in just over 10 months and am now at goal. I was banded last February. Best decision I've ever made!

It is hard to travel and watch what you eat since so many meals "out" are really high in fat and calories. It sounds like you're doing really well considering you don't have much restriction. Great job working out in the hotel gym too! That's dedication!

Post a Comment