Thursday, January 6, 2011

Catch up - been a busy week! Down 21 lbs!

It has been a hectic week but everything is going really well.  I am now down 21 lbs and it feels terrific!!

On Tuesday I had my post-op follow up appointment and met with the nutritionist.  They said I am doing great and put me on "soft solids".  To be honest I am still kind of scared and more comfortable with my mushies!  I know I need to move on and try and so I will.  Yesterday I was also in NYC in the afternoon and I didn't want to chance it so I had pureed vegetable soup for lunch.  By the time I took the train home at 8:00 pm I was STARVING.  When I got off the train I met my two best girlfriends who were out to dinner at a restaurant nearby.  It was one of those brick oven Italian places and I was able to order a side of meatballs with some extra sauce in case they were dry.  They were so delicious!  Really soft and moist.  I had 1 1/2 and then had to stop.  Now typically when I would go to this restaurant I would have pizza, cheese, fried calamari, pasta -and 2 glasses of wine.  Italian food is definitely my favorite.  The check would be about $50.  Last night had my meatballs and was satisfied - I didn't even need the wine - and my check was $5.30!  How amazing is that???   It felt really good to go out to a place that I went to prior to surgery and be able to eat something tasty. . . and cheap! 

On the exercise front - I did 1.75 miles on the treadmill on Monday, missed Tuesday because in NYC most of the day, did 1.5 miles yesterday morning before I started working - totally one of the benefits from working from home.  In fact I am going to sneak in today's walk shortly. . .

I am going to try having some scrambled eggs with cheese for lunch.  I have really been focusing on my protein intake and not having anything that doesn't supply some protein.  Except for my SF jello and pudding snack that I have at night. 

I know I need to drink more water and will focus on that.   On Monday I have my semi-annual management meetings in Bermuda and am hoping to be down another 4 lbs.  I know a lot to ask and will be tough but would be great.  2 more lbs would be nice too.  Am I getting greedy :)

Have a great day! 

6 comments:

Lap Band Gal said...

Yes - us bandsters are cheap dates! Isn't it great to save $$? Sounds like you're on track and listening to your band and not over doing it. You are lucky to be on soft foods so soon. My surgeon made me wait until week 6 post op! :)

-Grace- said...

21 lbs is awesome!! Great work!

Amanda said...

21 lbs...fabulous! Bot be scared of food. Seriously nothing has been a problem for me as long as you chew. What is a problem is if I eat to fast. But it just makes me feel yucky. Ready for a fill! Roll on the 18th!

Lee Ann said...

Wow, I'll have to remember to tell my husband to put all the money he saves on my food bill into my shopping fund, lol. No telling how many pairs of those designer shoes you'll be able to buy after one year of saving that much cash PER meal!! sweet!!

Amanda said...

Wow! 21 lbs! That is so great! I know you must feel fabulous! It is good to see you are doing so great so soon after your surgery - Mine is on Monday - SO excited!

Follow my journey:
www.thebandontherun.blogspot.com

Fiddle in the Band said...

Congratulations! Way to stick to that treadmill. I have to find my way back there reeeal soon!

Post a Comment