Friday, July 29, 2011

Hanging in there and making some progress! Off to Dublin tomorrow.

Hello!  I am slow and steady.  Lost about 1 lb this week and am happy with that.  Still not at the low I reached in April but not far off.  I am happy to see posts from three of my favorite bloggers whose blogs were the first I read - Catherine, Gen, and Jenny - keep posting! 

Tomorrow am off to Dublin for our quarterly Board meeting.  It is at a really nice resort outside of Dublin (Ritz Carlton) and I am very, very excited!  Except that there is some stuff going on that will make it a bit stressful/hectic workwise but all good.  Actually a real chance to show my value in my role.  Tough to explain more here. . . but nevertheless just very excited.  I haven't been overseas in a couple of years.  A bit of an NSV in that I am not totally freaking that I have nothing to wear. I have some nice things at this weight.  Of course I was hoping to be 20 lbs lighter by now but what can you do. . . I am on the right path and I will get there. 

On the homefront it has been a bit hectic because we had a new au pair come and she is horrible!  Or I should just say not a good fit.  She doesn't want to work hard and it is not easy taking care of three boys.  She must have been a bit spoiled at home with her mother doing everything for her and thought this would be fun.  So she is leaving at the end of next week when I get back.  And we have a new one coming on September 10th and I made sure I did a much better job screening.  It is such a crap shoot but we have had two absolutely wonderful experiences with au pairs and I know that we will have another one.  When you need 45 hours of childcare a week it is still the most economical thing.  If anyone is considering one please feel free to e mail me with any questions.

Off to pack!  Have a great weekend! 

xoxo  Susan

5 comments:

Dinnerland said...

Yes you will get there!!! Keep posting, I find it really helpful to be accountable to my blog (and it doesn't have to be 'mean' accountability-- just simply doing it keeps my mind on losing weight.)

Rhonda said...

You're doing great with your loss, don't worry about where you think you "should" be, just keep plugging along and you'll get there! :)

Also, good luck with your meetings and hope the new au pair doesn't drive you too bonkers. Maybe she'll learn a little something about what it means to take care of children from this experience!

Elizabeth said...

Congrats on the loss.... New follower :)

http://insidevoutside.blogspot.com/

Joey said...

Agreed, keep posting. Hope all is well! I used to be a nanny, it's no easy job, I wish I did a better job matching with a family. But I was more worried about just getting the gig. Live and learn. See you in Chicago!

Nora said...

So I see you haven't posted in a bit, but new follower nonetheless. I was banded just before you were, on 12.9.2010.

Post a Comment